Monday, June 30, 2008

Views






When we had just bought our new house and were getting it ready to move in, a friend was working on the house. He said, “Boy, that is quite a view you have there. It never quits.” I honestly was surprised. I hadn’t paid attention. With all the problems with buying the house (trouble spots on the house’s evaluation, prior owner’s bankruptcy and all its complications; and those are just 2 of many things) I hadn’t paid attention to the surroundings. I went out and looked. Holy crap! It had a great view! I was sitting outside last night and reflecting on this story. Here are pix of the view from one seat, moving across the valley. If you could line them up, they make a long picture.

Talk about missing the forest for the trees. I know we all get myopic vision at times. My MS tends to do that to me. I get so bound up in panic for my losses, I forget to look at the other, better things that are all around me. Eventually, I usually wake up and notice, Holy crap! Things aren’t as bad as I obsess them to be. There is hope. Light at the end of the tunnel—and maybe, just maybe, it isn’t from a train rushing to crush me.

Now, since we moved in last year, we have all come to appreciate the view here. Literally. We spent most every summer evening out looking at the lights, distant traffic, stars, moon. Of course it was ‘quality’ time for us as a family. And even free.

I hope you have Holy crap! views in your life too.

3 comments:

kimee said...

Sunny- Thanks for reading my blog. As I read some of your entries I found some similarities. I can understand how you feel about your children moving on. Although I have no children of my own, the students that I work with become my own. I have the opportunity to work with them and watch them grow over their high school careers. As they walk across that stage and accept their diploma at long last i have mixed emotions. I am very happy for them and at the same time sad with the knowledge that I will not see them come through my door in the fall. The pictures of your property are breath taking. We do not have views like that in Ohio.

Char / Stitchary! said...

Wow..what a view. And I sympathise with missing it. My husband has the wonderful ability of just turning everything off and enjoying the scenary. He has to remind me to do that. Lovely view and great entry.

amy said...

Hi, Sunny! I left something for you over at my blog! :-)

Amy