Thursday, June 26, 2008

Not your Typical Love Story, part 1


1978: I worked for a health food company. Part of my job was making regular deliveries to the retail stores. At one stop, Mossy was there (a store employee) helping us unload. He asked me my name. Being young and sassy, I declined because, “You won’t even remember it.” He protested that he would, so I told him. In a week, when we returned with our next delivery, he greeted me with my name. I laughed and expressed my amazement. Thus started a great friendship. We married quickly and life moved on. At least FIVE years later, Mossy confessed; he had asked his boss for my name since he had forgotten it. I was robbed! He tricked me into marriage! I want a redo!

Watch for part 2…

2 comments:

Char / Stitchary! said...

LOL...That is too funny! LOL

Well, he must have known what was good for him. The friendship to marriage thing is the best kind of all.

amy said...

That is funny! Some effort is better than none, right? :-) He's just a resourceful man.