Thursday, July 17, 2008

my sunny side revealed

Being behind the wheel brings out the sunniest part of my disposition. The limits in the mobility world vanish when on the road. These pix are from the same 20 miles of road, around the year.

I have a friend/coworker who lived out of our school district and had to drive every day. I listened to her complaints for years. Then we moved out of the district and I had to drive as well.

So to counteract her negative perception, I began to carry my camera and document the drive to work. I had a few rules for myself: I had to take pix from my car, drive at the normal time for work, and stay on the road (stopping was allowed, of course, so I wouldn’t die in the attempt).

Wow. Talk about changing the view; or the perception of the view. I started to show her the images I captured. (We go on the same road at the same times).

She doesn’t complain any more. And I am never tired on the way to and from work. There is so much to see. I don’t know if the same could be said of a freeway commute, but you never know.

No comments: