Friday, October 3, 2008

I didn't leave my heart in San Francisco



We were planning a trip to San Francisco for my 50th birthday and our 30th anniversary. It was causing me anxiety. I haven't ever been there and wanted very much to visit. The travel agent's first response was that we didn't want to go there because of my mobility issues. I looked into options and it didn't see insurmountable, and yet I still felt anxiety. I think it came from the importance of this celebration (you know, big numbers and all) so if it didn't go well, it would be crushing for me. There was too much at stake for going to a new place.

So I had a new idea. I know how to cruise. There was an article in the paper about new cruises out of Seattle, 3 days, and only in Sept. and Oct. (like repositioning cruises). I knew it was the right choice when we booked one and I had NO anxiety. It felt comfortable. No more sleeplessness from what should be a happy plan.

Mossy hasn't shown much interest in getting remarried on the cruise, so I don't know if that will happen. I will still make it to San Francisco some day, just when there is less at stake.

2 comments:

Green Moss & Sunny said...

I would marry you any day of the week. However, remember a play called "Christmas Every Day"?
Be careful what you ask for.
Love,
Mossy

carolr said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Have wonderful time! SF is beautiful although I have only been there once. :)