Saturday, October 25, 2008

To Hope or Not to Hope


Life is full of good and bad these days. It is hard to be sunny with so many stresses.

Good: My national board bonus was surprisingly doubled this year. I would like to be happy about that.

Bad: Mossy’s and our daughter’s jobs are in danger. Both of them work for the county (different agencies) and all agencies are facing 10% cuts. This may mean one or both jobs.

Good: My MS continues to remain in remission. My neurologist says I may be a good candidate to move to an oral med. When they become available, maybe next year. My body is covered with sore lumps from my daily shots. Big hurray!

Bad: “It’s the economy, stupid.” ‘Nuf said.

Good: Dare I hope that the Democrats will finally win? The signs are looking good, but that may make people skip voting. I want to feel hope! Vote, vote, VOTE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sunny! Nice to meet you, too. Thanks for popping into my blog and commenting on my awesome left-winger child. He is as delightful as he is confounding. :-)

Here's to Nov. 4,
Katerz

Mima said...

Really glad to hear that your MS is remaining stable, that is a huge thing. Despite everything that has been going on and the fact that I haven't been feeling so good, I haven't had any major upsets either which is great.

Sorry to hear about the jobs though. I think that this is a scary time for everyone, and I really hope that they will both be OK.