Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ain’t Nature Inventive?


I keep pickin’ these cursed things out of my fuzzy rug, also known as Antonio. Every day, he comes in with a new load, nicely implanted in his fur. I am so tired of the little buggers.

They are only an inch long, so hard to photograph. The way I think they work is that the long end is like a needle, threading itself into the aforementioned hairy cat. Then the spirals begin to further advance the needle, making it secure in the really damn hairy cat. There are also a couple of guide wires to focus the energy of the insertion device into the fur of a really damn hairy dirty cat. The final end of this seed pod is scratchy and sticks, a bit like Velcro. At this point he enters the house and jumps on me, his damn dirty hair remover.

The kicker: I am allergic to cats! But he is sooo cute.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

HA-HA!! Loved the way Antonio morphs, one adjective at a time, into a Monster Hairy Cat! He doesn't LOOK like he's doing it on purpose...sorry you're allergic to cats, but you're right, they are cute and I love them.

Peace and an extra spoon be with you.