Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lost in the Fog


When things are right with the world, I function fairly well and am seen as a strong person. This is always a surprise to me, seeing my physical frailties. I can barely walk. But my friends see me as some sort of superwoman, able to do anything. So I find that now I am in crisis mode, I can’t find the support I need. Usually, I turn to Mossy Man and he to me, but I must be ‘Strong, supportive Wife’ now when things are hard for him. He is doing really well at the moment; optimistic and strong in his search for a new job. Our son continues to add to the mix by being difficult at every single turn.

So I hate that I have these needs. I turned to my best friend for help. Lord knows, I have been there for her. But she has nothing to give back. I can’t hold it against her, she has plenty of her own serious burdens. But what’s a girl to do? I am struggling and need someone to lean on, besides Mossy. I am so saddened by my best friend’s inability to help me when I need it. And it hurts her deeply to see me flailing about and she feels unable to help.

So I reach out to cyber world for advice. What to do? How to get through this? I want to be Sunny again.

1 comment:

kimee said...

Sunny- I to have had similar experiences. It is hard when that support system you go to is suddenly not able to be your support. What I find difficult is that my main support network (family) is hundreds of miles away. But just being able to talk to a friend is helpful. I know we live on opposite sides of the country but I would like to just offer a listening ear. Please feel free to contact me at the following email address anytime you need to talk (kimee1975@earthlink.net) I desperately want to say that things will get better but I know that in times like this, it doesn't always seem possible. Please keep your chin up.